What to Expect
Thank you for trusting Barclay Physical Therapy with your rehab care. We promise to listen, educate and communicate. We view patients as an important partner and team member in the rehab process.
Preparing for your first visit:
- Your first visit may last between 60-90 minutes.
- Remember to wear clothes that are comfortable for treatment.
- You may be asked to complete additional forms and patient surveys, so please remember to bring your glasses, hearing aids and any other assistive devices.
- Therapists will ask you for a detailed history. Please bring a list of:
- Recent symptoms (for example, what makes it better or worse, how frequently does it happen, etc.)
- Questions you have for the therapist
- Description of your physical limitations in the work environment, barriers completing household chores, frustrations spending quality time with friends and family
- Your personal goals with treatment
- Recent medications, including over-the-counter drugs
- Family history
- If you are running late, please call and let us know so that we adjust your schedule.
- As a courtesy to other patients, please notify us 24 hours in advance of your appointment if you need to cancel, otherwise you may be charged a cancellation fee.
- For our patient's protection, we ask you to provide valid identification (driver's license, passport, State-issued identification) AND insurance card.